Gui picks up files twice

Giggles220Giggles220 Posts: 154
edited January 7, 2009 6:27AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I seem to have a problem with the GUI and restores. If I click on the database and try to restore not all my files are appearing. So I looked at the history and found the file I wanted and asked it to restore and it says there is more than one file with that name. When I look in the directory there is in fact only 1 file with that name. My work around so far is to close sql backup delete the data files and have sql backup pull everything in again. So far I've had to do this every day as I'm testing something and doing lots of restores. It takes a while for the GUI to load again so this is becoming quite an annoying bug.

Comments

• Hi Giggles,
    Would you be willing to send us your SQL Backup data files for further investigation? There are two sets of information we would require, and can use those to identify why the issue is occurring.

Firstly, the data.sdf file (the Server Components' data store), which can be found in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Data\<instance>\

on the server hosting the SQL Server instance exhibiting the issue.

Secondly, the contents of your local GUI cache, which can be found at
    C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\

I would recommend zipping the contents up, as this could be quite large. If it's more than 10mb zipped let me know and I'll give you more details to get the right data.

You can email them to me at jason.cook@red-gate.com

Thanks,
    Jason
  • When the problem occurs again I will collect the data and send it. It seems to occur ever few days. I already deleted the files causing the problem in order to do what I needed.
  • I had the problem again this morning. I sent you an email regarding the files as they are too big to send. Please let me know what you'd like me to do.
  • Nigel MorseNigel Morse Posts: 164 Bronze 2
    There is a issue number SB-3735 created for this (sorry - been meaning to post this for a while now!)