Options

Feature request x2 (alert config + help)

fatherjack2fatherjack2 Posts: 311
edited December 15, 2008 9:09AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,

1 - Is it possible to have some alert to have threshold set in actual figures please? Our main server just got upgraded from 8GB to 20GB RAM. The default physical memory alert was set to 80% so it threw as soon as 16GB got used but in reality I dont mind if it goes to only 1GB free - regardless of the RAM actually fitted in the h/ware...

2 - In the performance snapshot area, could there be hover tips for the traces just to guide users about the trace they are seeing on the graph? A high Buffer # Hit Ratio is good a high CPU queue length is not ...

(PS. Looks like the order for this product has just left our accounts department so we'll be off the demo copy and fully registered in a few hours :D )

thanks

Jonathan

Senior DBA
Careers South West Ltd

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi Jonathan

Thank you for your suggestions. I have submitted two feature requests for the SQL Response Product Manager and SQL Response Development team to consider.

Your first suggestion,
    Is it possible to have some alert to have threshold set in actual figures please? Our main server just got upgraded from 8GB to 20GB RAM. The default physical memory alert was set to 80% so it threw as soon as 16GB got used but in reality I dont mind if it goes to only 1GB free - regardless of the RAM actually fitted in the h/ware...
    the reference for this Feature Request is SSR-1366.

For the second request
    In the performance snapshot area, could there be hover tips for the traces just to guide users about the trace they are seeing on the graph? A high Buffer # Hit Ratio is good a high CPU queue length is not ...
    the reference for the Feature Request submitted is SSR-1367.

Your suggestions will now be considered and if approval is given, the requested features may appear in a future version of SQL Response.

I suspect that the above feature requests will be too late to appear in the next version of SQL Response Version 1.2. The scheduled release of SQL Response 1.2 is for Q1/2009.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com