Options

VID 1010 error

kermikermi Posts: 47
edited December 9, 2008 11:58AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I'm getting the following error when trying to backup a database.

VDI error 1010: Failed to get configuration from server. Check that the SQL Server instance is running, and that you have the SQL Server Systems Administrator server role. Error code: (-2139684861: The api was waiting and the timeout interval had elapsed.)

I'm running SQL Backup 4.6. Trying to backup a SQL 2005 database

I've seen similar posts but using a earlier version of SQL backup

Jon

Comments

• Options
    Hi Kermi,
    Have you got the entire output generated by the SQL Backup command in question? You may need to look in the log directory under "All Users" to find it (e.g. c:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\[instance name]\)

If it contains information you wouldn't want to post on a forum, you can email it to me at jason.cook@red-gate.com

Thanks,
    Jason
  • Options
    There has been nothing written to that log since the upgrade to SQL 2005. I usually run the backup from a command line and that is where I'm getting the error. If I try to run in in GUI it just continues to run and no file is created.

This is an example of the script I usually run

cd \Program Files\Red Gate\SQL Backup\(LOCAL)
    SQLBackupC -SQL "BACKUP DATABASE [DATABASE_NAME] TO DISK = 'E:\DIRECTORY_NAME\DATABASE_NAME_zzz01.sqb', DISK = 'E:\DIRECTORY_NAME\DATABASE_NAME_zzz02.sqb',DISK = 'E:\DIRECTORY_NAME\DATABASE_NAME_zzz03.sqb',DISK = 'E:\DIRECTORY_NAME\DATABASE_NAME_zzz04.sqb' WITH COMPRESSION = 3, KEYSIZE = 256, PASSWORD = 'PASSWORD', VERIFY"
  • Options
    Could you return the entire output from the command line when you run the command? Normally there is one or more messages in addition to the VDI 1010 error, and those usually help to indicate the cause of the problem.

Thanks,
    Jason