Options

Inaccurate reporting of overdue integrity checks?

TedMaulTedMaul Posts: 8
edited January 2, 2009 6:17AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
For most if not all of our production databases SQL Response is recommending an integrity check claiming the last check was greater than 7 days ago.

However these databases have had a DBCC CheckDB successfully issued against them (as part of a scheduled job at the weekend) less than 7 days ago.

The 'Last integrity check' value that's shown in the detail for the recommendation is a date on which the job was run, just not the last date...

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Thank you for your post into the forum.

Sorry that you have encountered this problem.

A support call has been created for this issue, the call reference is F0016688.

Can you please send to me a copy of the text written into the SQL Server error log for the DBCC CHECKDB task. Please send it to support@red-gate.com and include the above call reference in the Subject field.

This will help us to identify the cause of the problem.

I also have the following questions for you:

1. From your post, I know that your DBCC CHECKDB is a scheduled job, do you know if this job was created using the Maintenance Plan Wizard?

2. Are the language settings for the SQL Server set to English?

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Options
    I have been experiencing the same problem on some of the servers that Red Gate monitors.
    On initial investigation it looks like the final step in the maintenance plan is failing and thus the entire job is marked as a failure.
    After asking some questions here it appears that SQL Response looks at the result for the maintenance plan, a failure, and thus reports this back.
    Looking through the sql logs and job history the last step uses the "xp_delete_file" extended stored procedure.
    There appears to be an error with this if you upgraded to SQL 2005 SP 2 prior to March 2007.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933508

To fix this you need to install a hotfix. However i have not tested this and hotfixes are not fully regression tested by MS (Vote for sp3 http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/ ... 146-1.aspx)

It also looks like this fix was included in the security update MS08-040 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948109, that is included in the extended windows update.

We will be looking at this in a testing environment before implementing any changes.
    I also hear from the support team that you rebooted your sql server and this fixed the problem !!

Dan
    Daniel Handley
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    Hi,

we use sql server 2000 and sql response 1.1. I just restart the sql reponse service, then i found that the recommendation give out specify that the integrity check is overdue, which the date is three weeks ago, even though we just did a successful integrity check last Sunday. This happened to both servers we monitor. The integrity check is created by db maintenance plan.

i saw similar post but couldn't find the answer. please help. thanks
  • Options
    Hi xdai,

Could you check that the maintenance plans executed successfully. An error occurring in any step of the plan could be causing SQL Response to not register the integrity check.

Cheers,
    --
    Daniel