Options

Duplicate entries in Activity History?

jwilleyjwilley Posts: 23
edited October 31, 2008 11:38AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I am using Log Shipping. The Activity History tab for SQL Backup on the destination machine (the one doing the restores) shows two entries for each restore -- one with the red SQLBackup "safe" icon, the other without. Double-clicking the SQLBackup entry shows some property information while double-clicking the other says "Properties are available only for restores performed with SQL Backup Version 5". This looks like I have two restore jobs -- any ideas as to what I did wrong? I see a single restore job in the SQLBackup Jobs tab -- and a single job in SQL Enterprise Manager SQL Server Agent Jobs -- aren't these the same job?

Comments

• Options
    Hi John,

This is a current bug in the SQL Backup 5.3 GUI.

Unfortunately the only advice I can offer at this time is to ignore the Activity History entries that do not have the Red SQL Backup safe icon next to them.

I apologise you are encountering this, we are hoping to fix it in a future version.

Thanks,
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry
  • Options
    No problem -- it's a small thing; mostly I just wanted to be certain I wasn't doing anything stupid like running the same job twice...