Options

Compare Stored Procs without comparing permissions

BellisioBellisio Posts: 26
edited October 30, 2008 11:47AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I am trying to compare a database between a production and a training server; I keep coming up with all stored procs as being different, but as I look thru them, it seems the only difference is that there are different accounts that execute them on prod vs. training.

EX: production has account named xyz that uses the stored procs, but training has account named abc.

Trouble is, I won't see any procs that actually have differences in the code portion this way.

I would like to exclude the permission checking when comparing the stored procs, and compare the code only - is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your query. Have you tried selecting the "Ignore permissions" option, as described in

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... c52647.htm ?

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Thank you SO much!! That fixed the issue. I had not noticed those options in that location before, had only seen the filters and the Tools...Options. Appreciate very much the fast turn around.
  • Options
    I'm glad it sorted your problem!

Some of our options are set at the application level and some are set (and preserved) at a project level, which is why they are found in different places. Where would you have wanted for these options to be found? We're always looking for ways of improving the usability and discoverability of our features.

Kind regards

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    No, I think for this case it makes perfect sense at the project level. I just needed to be hit over the head with the location of the options tab via the Edit button.