VDI Error 1010: Failed to get the configuration

hungnnhungnn Posts: 18
edited October 14, 2008 9:06PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi Iam running the log shipping between two tests server at the moment. We have one database instance with two databases need to logged ship from source to destination server. Two log shipping job has been created sucessfully.

One job is running fine, however the other one keeps failing with the following error code:" VDI Error 1010: Failed to get the configuration from the server because the timeour interval has elapsed. Also Exclusive Access could not be obtained as the database is in used".

Because this is the test server so no one will use this database when the logshipping happens.

Can someone please explain to me what the problem is. Even I reinstall the database on destination server and re create log shipping job, I have the same problem

Thanks

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Because this is the test server so no one will use this database when the logshipping happens.
    During the time of the error, could you please run
    EXEC master..sp_who2

to confirm that there are no connections made to that secondary database?
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Hi

The problem was the destination server seems to have not enough contiguous memory block and consequently keep restore job fail. I change it during the Startup parameter by using -g 512 and it seems to be ok now.