Profiling asp.net app: Timed out waiting for port 8013 on

I'm trying to profile a webapp running on a test server. When I try to launch the profiler it hangs for a while and then gives me the following error:
Could not start IIS.
RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartIisSessionException
at bs.Launch()
at RedGate.Profiler.Session.ProfilerSession.h()

Caused by:

Could not start IIS.
RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Exceptions.CannotStartIisSessionException
at bs.Launch()

Caused by:

Timed out waiting for port 8013 on 1.2.3.4 to become available
RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.PortTimeoutException
stack trace:
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.IISUtilities.WaitForPort(IPAddress address, Int32 port, Int32 timeout)
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.IISUtilities.WaitForPort(String hostname, Int32 port, Int32 timeout)
at bs.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, Uri& url)
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IIS.IISStarter.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, Uri& url)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)
rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.IProxyIISSession.StartProfilingIIS(String currentUserName, Uri& url)
at bs.Launch()

I looked around for a solution but nothing in the knowledge base here works. The profiler version is 4.0

Comments

• JasonCJasonC Posts: 85
    edited October 9, 2008 11:47AM
    Is 1.2.3.4 a remote web server? ANTS Profiler can only profile a local web server.
    Jason Crease
    Red Gate Software
  • JasonC wrote:
    Is 1.2.3.4 a remote web server? ANTS Profiler can only profile a local web server.
    No it's the local server. In the URL to profile textbox I put the url of the test server (http://test.example.com) and it seems to want to open a port on that IP-address (which is the external IP of the server).

(Can you edit out that IP by the way?)
  • Sure, IP edited out.

Just a two quick questions:
    1) What OS/IIS version?
    2) Are you using the memory or performance profiler?
    Jason Crease
    Red Gate Software