Error connecting to server

NicNic Posts: 3
edited October 9, 2008 9:53AM in SQL Monitor Previous Versions
Hi,

I've installed the trial of SQL Response, but I am having an issue when connecting to one of our SQL servers.

The alert repository is installed on my local machine and I can monitor my local instance of SS2005 without any problems. So then I moved onto try and monitor one of my other boxes, I set up the connect to use my windows account as I am 'SA' on the SQL instance and an administrator on the machine, however when I try and connect the icon in the top left (Servers) has a red cross though it and the text "SQL response could not connect to the computer. WMI Error : Could not connect with the WMI on the computer".

I've check the WMI service is running on the machine I am trying to monitor, i've then gone into the settings to check my login details, the SQL login is working fine, however the machine login, used to get disk and cpu info is failing, however I can logon to the box via RPC and have admin rights.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Please help.

Many thanks,

Nic

P.s - I have also tried the actions detailed in the article (link below) regarding permissions for WMI and COM. My account now also has the relevent permissions. But still no luck.

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 000307.htm

Comments