Options

Log Shipping Issue

Rajnish AwasthiRajnish Awasthi Posts: 14
edited October 2, 2008 11:30AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi All,
I am facing a issue in log shipping. In begining, its working fine but after 30 minutes it gives an error while restoring log file on secondary server.

Following error is coming on screen:-

VDI error 1010: Failed to get the configuration from the server becuase the timeout interval has elapsed. Check that
SQL Server instance is running and that you have the sql system administrator server role; or try increasing the value
of the VDITimeout registry setting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\Red Gate\Sql Backup\BackupSettingGlobal\[InstanceName]

Comments

• Options
    Hi all,

I would also need some help on this.

The following job works fine on my log shipping machine,

DECLARE @exitcode int
    DECLARE @sqlerrorcode int

exec master..sqlbackup N'-sql "RESTORE LOG [SomeDatabaseName] FROM DISK = ''E:\SQLBackup\SomeDatabaseName_Log_*.sqb'' WITH STANDBY = ''E:\DATABASES\UNDO\UNDO_SomeDatabaseName.DAT'', PASSWORD = ''SomePassword'', MOVETO = ''E:\SQLBackup\TransactionLogArchive\''"', @exitcode OUTPUT, @sqlerrorcode OUTPUT

IF (@exitcode<>0) OR (@sqlerrorcode<>0)
    BEGIN
    RAISERROR ('SQL Backup job failed with exitcode: %d SQL error code: %d', 16, 1, @exitcode, @sqlerrorcode)
    END

Until I ran in some situation and now when I try to use the above script, the script just runs and never restore anything and keeps running until I stop it manually.

I did some research and found that if I replace the asterisk (*) and with actual transaction log backup file that I'm restoring then it works. I use asterisk to restore all the log backup files that are sitting in the central repository.

Can please someone provide me help on this.

Thanks.
    gladiatr