ANTS Profiler and Com+ Library Applications: COMException

I am unable to profile any of my COM+ objects and they throw an exception when I try to invoke them.
They are all written in C#. and are COM+ Library objects. and are not in the GAC.

I'm getting the following error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The root transaction wanted to commit, but transaction aborted

D.Workflow.BLL.WorkflowController.ApplyBatchToLiveData is the Com+ object.
[COMException (0x8004e002): The root transaction wanted to commit, but transaction aborted]
   System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) +0
   System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode) +33
   System.EnterpriseServices.Thunk.Callback.DoCallback(Object otp, IMessage msg, IntPtr ctx, Boolean fIsAutoDone, MemberInfo mb, Boolean bHasGit) +588
   System.EnterpriseServices.ServicedComponentProxy.CrossCtxInvoke(IMessage reqMsg) +342
   System.EnterpriseServices.ServicedComponentProxy.Invoke(IMessage request) +62
   System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) +565
   D.Workflow.BLL.WorkflowController.ApplyBatchToLiveData(BatchData batch, Int32 userID) +0
   web.ChangeRequest_RemovalIndirectRestriction.SetCurrentBatchIndex() +145
   web.ChangeRequest_RemovalIndirectRestriction.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +41
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +77
   web.SecurePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +58
   web.ChangeRequestSecurePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +34
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +45
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +418

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

I know that ANTS Profiler can cause applications to run very slowly. Can you check the properties on the component and try increasing the timeout value? The transaction could simply be timing out.
  • You will need to change the properties of your COM+ app to run as a server application otherwise we cannot profile it.

Thanks,

Tom Harris

SW Architect - ANTS Profiler
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    ANTS Profiler 2.5 now detects that the COM+ Serviced Component that you want to profile is a library application and will no longer let you attempt to profile it. ANTS Profiler can only profile COM+ server applications.
This discussion has been closed.