Problem Adding Constraints

JustinPaquinJustinPaquin Posts: 7
edited April 21, 2005 7:14PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hello,

I'm evaluating your product for use in our development environment and I am having a problem with the script created when comparing our databse to an empty database.

The script runs fine while it creates all the tables and stored procedures but when it gets down to the section where it starts adding constraints it experiences problems. Here is a sample of the errors

Adding constraints to [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockReducers]
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Server JUSTIN, Line 1
Cannot alter table 'dbo.PIPE_tblStockReducers' because this table does not
exist in database 'SC2006Dev'.
Adding constraints to [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockWyes]
Cannot alter table 'dbo.PIPE_tblStockWyes' because this table does not exist
in database 'SC2006Dev'.
Cannot alter table 'dbo.PIPE_tblStockWyes' because this table does not exist
in database 'SC2006Dev'.

Here is the offending code:

PRINT N'Adding constraints to [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockReducers]'
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockReducers] WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [CK_PIPE_tblStockReducers] CHECK (([End1ConnectionEndGUID] <> [End2ConnectionEndGUID]))
GO
@TRANCOUNT&gt;0 ROLLBACK TRANSACTION
GO
@TRANCOUNT=0 BEGIN INSERT INTO #tmpErrors (Error) SELECT 1 BEGIN TRANSACTION END
GO
PRINT N'Adding constraints to [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockWyes]'
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockWyes] WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [CK_PIPE_tblStockWyes] CHECK (([End1ConnectionEndGUID] <> [End2ConnectionEndGUID]))
GO
GO
@TRANCOUNT=0 BEGIN INSERT INTO #tmpErrors (Error) SELECT 1 BEGIN TRANSACTION END
GO
ALTER TABLE [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockWyes] WITH NOCHECK ADD CONSTRAINT [CK_PIPE_tblStockWyes_1] CHECK (([End1ConnectionEndGUID] <> [End3ConnectionEndGUID]))
GO
GO
GO

These lines of code and any subsequent lines all fail due to the same problem. (Apparently the tables they are trying to add constraints to do not exist.

I know for sure that the objects it complains about do exist because it created them earlier in the script execution and displayed no error.

Creating [dbo].[PIPE_spPartPipeGetAll]
Creating [dbo].[PIPE_tblStockReducers]
Creating primary key [PK_PIPE_tblStockReducers] on
[dbo].[PIPE_tblStockReducers]
Creating [dbo].[HVAC_spPartCrossGetArrayExt]

Any ideas as to what the problem might be and how I can correct it.

Justin

Comments

This discussion has been closed.