Options

Annoying problem in SQL Prompt 3.9

CedarCedar Posts: 2
edited September 1, 2008 2:29PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
The lastest version of SQL Prompt seems to have the same problems with earlier ones!
In here:
http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... sc&start=0

There's nothing happen when I start SQL Server Management Studio, but when I take a new query, a transparent popup menu at the lower right corner with the progress bar is completed and the message:"Loading from snapshot file" appears for a long time (from 20-30 minutes, sometimes it's permanently until I close the new query windows or Management Studio)

I have tried some solutions that you suggested in above topic but nothing's improved!

The configuration of my laptop:
AUS- DualCore2 2.3 GHz - RAM 4 GB
Windows XP SP3

In that case, my CPU usage is 100% and PF Usage is 1.4 GB and when I close Management Studio CPU usage is 1% and PF Usage is 0.98 GB

This problem does happen when I connect to company's server or just local server!
Please help me to solve this problem!
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cedar,

Thank you for your post into the forums, I apologise you are encountering issues with SQL Prompt.

Would you be able to e-mail me some information to support@red-gate.com quoting reference F0014994 ?

The information required is :

SQL Server Service Packs installed.

Database size.

Is the database replicated?

If you have SQL Compare installed, can you tell me how long it takes to compare to an empty database?

I look forward to your response.

Thanks!
    Matthew Flatt
    Redgate Foundry