Logshipping with Enterprise Manager 2000

snapperfishsnapperfish Posts: 6
edited August 29, 2008 1:06PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I have been asked to restore SQL Enterprise Log Shipping over Redgate Log shipping version SQL Backup 5.3.

The reason is the indexing job on production server copies to destination server but will not restore its normally a 5gb file.

Okay, we backup with redgate sql, I want to transfer the backup to destination server restore as read only, then on production server create log shipping sql enterprise.

I have been told I cannot restore with a redgate backup to the database it has to be SQL Enterprise, which because of its size I have to wait for a tape, instead of using network to copy the backup across.

Is this true?

If there is an issue, then surely i can restore with redgate backup as operational, do a sql enterprise backup and restore sql enterprise as readonly and then start sql enterprise log shipping again from production server.

Would like some advice on this. to settle a disagreement.
Thanks Snapperfish

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    I see no reason why the initial full database restore cannot be performed from a SQL Backup backup, as long as you restore all transactions logs that were created after that backup (by both SQL Backup and SQL Server).
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8