Cluster Problems

wheelerscwwheelerscw Posts: 3
edited October 18, 2008 9:11AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hi there,

I have a problem!

We have SQL Backup 5.3.0.178 which is installed on a two-node active / passive cluster of SQL 2005 on Windows Server 2003.

The cluster administrator account domain\clusteradmin is used as the service account and holds the SQL 2005 Role sysadmin.

Looking at the traces when it tries to validate the account it is doing a check on account domain\clusteradmina (There is an a at the end).

This fails for obvious reasons with the Error 880 and 15404

I have tried re-installing several times each ending up at the same point.

I have also tried using the 'sa' account credentials and the sqbsetlogin script but to no avail.

Short of creating the account that the software 'want's' to used i'm stuck

Any Ideas????????????????????????

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Is the domain\clusteradmin 30 characters or more in length? If, this is a known issue, and you can download a patch that addresses this issue from here.

To install the patch, run the installer in the archive. The SQL Backup server components (agent and extended stored procedures) will be upgraded to 5.4.0.35. You can still use the existing 5.3 GUI.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • petey wrote:
    Is the domain\clusteradmin 30 characters or more in length? If, this is a known issue, and you can download a patch that addresses this issue from here.

To install the patch, run the installer in the archive. The SQL Backup server components (agent and extended stored procedures) will be upgraded to 5.4.0.35. You can still use the existing 5.3 GUI.

We had been experiencing this issue on and off as well. Had been rebooting the server when it happened... but have now installed the patch. By the way our domain\admin was exactly 30 characters :(
  • Hello :D ,
    The problem was resolved by the patch, our domain\username was 34 characters in total.

Since then the software has worked great

Regards

Steve