Plans for the future of Exception Hunter 1

melmersmelmers Posts: 9
Hello ,

i have a simple question about Exception Hunter.
Will there be any improvements or was this the first and last release.
In the forum was some intresting feature request like filter out the unwanted exceptions and i like to see that the product will improved.

Some features where i think they would improve the product:
1. Multi core support to improve performance
2. Exclude Assemblies
3. Make the error navigator bar which marks errors on the right side of code window a little bit wider or configurable because of monitors with high resolutions it is very hard to use.

Best regards,

Mario

Comments

• Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Mario,

Yes, there will be some improvements. We've been rather focussed on the performance profiler recently, and realistically I don't expect to see a great deal happening for the remainder of 2008, however we do have plans for Exception Hunter. What we lack at the moment is the resources to do anything with those plans, but this will change. We're certainly eager to incorporate some of the feedback we've received about Exception Hunter. As soon as we start doing that we'll put into place an early access programme, as we did for the performance profiler. Unfortunately at the moment I can't give you any idea of timescales, but it is on the agenda.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Hi Bart,

thank you for the reply. I hope that you get some resources free to improve Exception Hunter in 2009.

Regards,
    Mario