Options

Registering databases progress bar

shadowbobshadowbob Posts: 71 Bronze 2
edited August 14, 2008 11:55AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I've been using Compare since version 5, and I've always noticed this behavior. The "Registering Databases" progress bar always goes up to 100% on the first database, then jumps down to 50% and heads back up to 100% during the second database. Is there a reason for this? It seems like the progress bar should go up to 50% for the first database and then continue to 100% for the second. Just cosmetic, I know, but might as well mention it.
Jeremy Fuller
VP, Software Development
Organizational Intelligence, Inc.

Comments

• Options
    I haven't been able to replicate this - when I register databases, the progress bar goes up to 50% on the first database and on to 100% on the second.

Does it 'jump' from 50% to 100% for the first database, or progress fairly smoothly? What kind of size of database and speed of computer are we talking about?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    shadowbobshadowbob Posts: 71 Bronze 2
    It smoothly progresses to 100% for the first database, then jumps down to 50% and smoothly progresses from there back to 100% for the second database. I see this behavior on every computer I've ever used: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008; in a variety of configurations, networks, and environments. I don't know what you mean by "size" of the database. The physical size ranges from 1-30 GB, while the schema could be considered "large" by some.
    Jeremy Fuller
    VP, Software Development
    Organizational Intelligence, Inc.