Standard to Professional License Upgrade

plagueplague Posts: 10
edited August 6, 2008 9:10AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi,

I have been using SQL Prompt with Standard License. And today I got a Professional License. However, after applying professional license, I still see the edition as standard. Can someone please advice on what registry details should be removed in order for me to work with professional license?

Regards,
Plague

Comments

• Hi,

You do not have to do anything with the registry settings.
    Can you try to restart your editor and check if that solves the problem?

Thanks,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi,

I tried that. No luck. I even tried restarting the machine. I assume it is because some record of what version it is is recognized previously and that is still there. Is there anyway I can remove it from the registry? The reason why I suspect this is because even if I uninstall and reinstall, it automatically registers me with the license I purchased as standard. If it doesn't have any registry record, it wouldn't be able to do that.

Regards,
    Plague
  • Hi,

That is really strange.
    Can you try to deactivate the product from the SQL Prompt menu - Deactivate and then try to activate with the new Pro license and let us know if that fixes the problem?

Thanks,
    Tanya
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software Ltd
  • No Go. :(

I think I need 2 do a clean installation without any registry references? Can u please advice on where the registry info are stored?

Regards,
    Plague
  • Nevermind.

I uninstalled the application and went through the RegEdit deleting every single record with SQL Prompt in it. Then i installed it and entered the professional license key and it activated perfectly.

Hope this will help someone else.

Regards,
    Plague
  • JoeOnRedGateJoeOnRedGate Posts: 1 New member
    edited January 24, 2020 4:39PM
    I received an email. I went to the web site. I see the SQL Compare Professional. I install it. I open SQL Compare 14 and look at Help About and I see it is still Standard license. Before complaining, I am trying the task I am required to do, open snp files to create deployment scripts, and this capability is now working. So the Redgate tool previously told me the task requires professional license. After the upgrade the tool still shows standard license and yet the task is now working.  Then I close the tool and re-open it and now the Help About shows Professional.  It may have something to do with using the Manage Licenses... dialog.  Not sure.  Not going to do this all over again.  But I did not have t uninstall and clean my registry.  I just had to go around the block twice.