SSMS Locks up using Refactor

duanelawrenceduanelawrence Posts: 3
edited July 29, 2008 11:16AM in SQL Refactor Previous Versions
SSMS Locks up using Refactor
1. Our company help desk installed the full tool belt when we were licensed only for 3 products, Refractor is not one of them.
2. The lockup was for short periods of time (17 seconds) when I clicked on something on the Refractor pull down menu the first time but only after I saw Redgate Prompt do something.
3. So if I clicked on the pull down menu for Refractor after I open SSMS and have done nothing else, no lockup!

Between Refractor and Prompt using up CPU time (granted it is just a few seconds each time) I got very frustrated. When I uninstalled both products my PC visably speed up, the problem is Refractor did not uninstall correctly, it left the refractor pull down menu in SSMS.

PROBLEM: Refractor did not uninstall correctly, is there a registry cleanup to make sure Refractor is correctly uninstalled?

PS: I read the thread:
http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/vi ... php?t=6878

I was very impressed with supports response. I want to emphesize that I was REALLY POSITIVLY IMPRESSED with supports response.
Thanks
Duane Lawrence
Database Admin
SQL Server

Comments

• It would be nice if the installation program for Toolbelt asked for the license and then only installed the items that are licensed.

That way I would not be wondering why my PC suddenly runs visibly slower.

I will never buy products that slow my work station down that much.
    Thanks
    Duane Lawrence
    Database Admin
    SQL Server
  • When you run the Toolbelt installer you have the option to choose the applications that you want to install on your machine. By default these are all ticked so you do have to go through and uncheck the applications that you don't want to install. Maybe we could offer another option where you insert your serial number and it only installs the relevant applications. I'll pass this comment on to the developers.

I'm sorry that you experienced issues with SQL Prompt and SQL Refactor. If you do want to try these products out again we can look into this and try to discover the cause of the issue.

When you say that you uninstalled SQL Refactor and it didn't uninstall correctly, how do you know this? What has lead you to this conclusion?