Options

Synonym showing identical but its not...

Todd_RobinsonTodd_Robinson Posts: 6
Source: CREATE SYNONYM [RTDAT].[ATSP_AT_CITATION] FOR [ATSP_DEV].[RTDB].[AT_CITATION]

Destination: CREATE SYNONYM [RTDAT].[ATSP_AT_CITATION] FOR [ATSP_PROD].[RTDB].[AT_CITATION]

I would expect that it would say that they are not the same, but for some reason, it is saying that they are identical.

The only thing I'm ignoring is DML triggers, whitespace, Fill factor and WITH order

Help!

Comments

• Options
    Sorry - you've picked up on a known bug there. SQL Compare doesn't currently pay attention to database names on synonyms.

We haven't fixed it yet because we think we ought to put in a new option to return to ignoring it at the same time that we fix it, as we've had reports from other customers saying that they now rely on the fact SQL Compare doesn't pick it up (so that their production database can refer to other production databases and their development database refer to other development databases, etc).

I've added a link to this forum thread to the bug report, which gives it a better chance of getting fixed in the next release.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    This bug has now been fixed in the Version release of SQL Compare.

If you have a valid Support & upgrades option, you can download SQL Compare V.7 using the 'Check for updates' mechanism (SQL Compare GUI ->Help ->Check for updates)

or download using this link: HERE
    SQL Compare V.7 will install along side any previous versions of the software.

Many Thanks
    Eddie
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com