Options

Errors: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

tkdennistkdennis Posts: 114
My underlying schema changed (table renames, column renames, columns, removed, columns added) and the Data Generator project I had previously created is throwing errors on 2 tables when I try to generate the data. I've looked at each column in each table that throws an error and I can't tell what is causing it. Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks,
Traci
SDG 1.1

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at e.a() at e.b() at t..ctor(ConnectionProperties connectionProperties, SDGTable sdgTable, CountAction countAction) at aw.a(CancellableController , Int32 , Int32 , ConnectionProperties , GenerateAction , SqlConnection , SDGProject , GenerationReport )

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

I'm sorry you have encountered an error with the application.

In order for us to be able to reproduce this issue, could you please email me your current database schema and your current project file. We can then look at solving the problem.

Thank you

Ben
  • Options
    I have seen this in the 1.0 version when making a database change while the app is running, refreshing the schema in the UI and then generating data. The database changes included column name change, column type change and removal of foreign key - all done sequentially during the same session of SQLGEN.
    I am using 1.1 now but have not been in a position to need to do any database changes while working with SQLGEN.
    Hope this is of some help.
  • Options
    Shortly, after posting the previous reply in this thread, I encounterd this problem in SQLGEN 1.1. I changed the connection string in a file that I had been editing (and saving) and clicked Generate Data button.
    The resulting report started with:
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at e.a() at e.b() at t..ctor(ConnectionProperties connectionProperties, SDGTable sdgTable, CountAction countAction) at aw.a(CancellableController , Int32 , Int32 , ConnectionProperties , GenerateAction , SqlConnection , SDGProject , GenerationReport )

Repeated attempts in same session failed. Restarting the app fixed the problem.