ANTS Profiler vs MOSS App => Request Time Out

Good day,

I'm trying to profile a MOSS application but request time out error has encountered. The application works properly when i'm browsing it without the ants. Please refer to the link below for the detailed error.

43600368wv1.th.png

Please advise. Thanks!

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Because of complexity and security restrictions placed by SharePoint, you can't profile it right out of the box. There are a significant number of hoops that you have to jump through. I have managed to get MOSS profiled after changing a whole lot of settings in the web application, which I have documented on our knowledge base. The article mentions web parts, but the instructions are in fact for a whole site collection. Sorry it's so difficult!
  • Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Because of complexity and security restrictions placed by SharePoint, you can't profile it right out of the box. There are a significant number of hoops that you have to jump through. I have managed to get MOSS profiled after changing a whole lot of settings in the web application, which I have documented on our knowledge base. The article mentions web parts, but the instructions are in fact for a whole site collection. Sorry it's so difficult!

Thanks for your advice sir.. I'll check with the link that you provide..
  • Hi,

I'm encountering same error too. The application works properly when i'm browsing it without the ants profiler. But with ants "request time out" has encountered. I've done already the steps stated in http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/C ... 000132.htm but same error has encountered. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Micah,

According to Microsoft, if a web application is running in DEBUG configuration, requests don't time out. So checking web.config for the site collection may be the way to go.

I can't guarantee the steps on the knowledge base are going to work. It's the result of weeks of trial-and-error. I'd really love it if some Sharepoint experts would pitch in on this thread!