Feature Request: Automatically populate "Weighted List"

DAndres109@aol.comDAndres109@aol.com Posts: 22 Bronze 2
Hi,

In some cases, a Check constraint may exists that limits a field to only a handful of values.

Is there any way for the Data Generator to automatically pick up and list these values during these circumstances?

Thanks,

David Andres

Comments

• Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. You should find that we parse a check constraint and convert it into a regular expression assigned to the column.

Currently, there is no way to assign these values automatically to a weighted list, however I have added a requested into our system to consider for a future release. Out of interest, what would you assign the default 'weight' out these values to be?

Thanks

Ben
  • Ben,

I agree that there's no "correct" solution to assigning weights. The only thing that comes to mind is if there are 100 or fewer constraints, then at least you can do an average, where the first option is modified to sum up to 100 percent.

What do you think?

David
  • David,

That was my initial thought as well, thanks for the reply.

Ben
  • Not to hijack this request, but it would also be nice to automatically populate a weighted list generator from a foreign key.
  • I would really like to see a weighted list populated from a foreign key also.
  • Thanks for the additional comments, I have made a note of all of them for reviewing for a later release.

Thanks

Ben