Custom Generators

tkdennistkdennis Posts: 114
Is there some trick to getting new generators to show up in the list? I followed the Help instructions to compile the FullDemo generator, copied it to the generators folder, restarted the DataGenerator App, rebooted, but still can't get it in the dropdown list of generators for any data type. I also downloaded the Waffle and Code Generators from Codeplex and those don't show up either.

I have a new install of 1.1 (did not have 1.0 previously)

Thanks,
Traci

Comments

• Hello Traci,

Thank you for your post. All of the custom assemblies are built against a particular version of the SQL Data Generator Engine, if you built against 1.0, then you will need to rebuild against 1.1.

In order for the user examples to work and compile, within Visual Studio you need to fix the references within the solution. This just requires you to reference the Engine and any other assemblies which have a yellow icon.

After this you can compile and drop the built assemblies into the directory.

As for the CodePlex samples, I have just uploaded all the assemblies rebuilt against 1.1 which you can download here:

https://www.codeplex.com/Release/Projec ... seId=13347

You should now be able to drop these into your directory, overriding any existing generators.

I hope this is OK, if you need anything else then please let me know.

Thanks

Ben
  • Thanks, the new versions on Codeplex work fine.