Ignore columns

dineshasankadineshasanka Posts: 208
edited November 23, 2009 9:40PM in SQL Data Generator Previous Versions
Currently you have to include all the columns. For example, I do not need Active column to be inserted as it has a default value of Y.

Comments

• Hi Dinesh,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are currently investigating the ability to ignore columns for 1.1.

Thanks

Ben
  • Hi,

it seems it is not included in 1.1?! Is that so? We really need to exclude some rows in nearly every table.

:cry:
    Regards,

Thorsten
  • Hello,

Thank you for your post. Our aim for the 1.1 release was to solve a few issues reported by users. We want to provide the best experience when using the application for either a new user downloading SDG for the first time, or for our existing users using the application on a day-to-day basis. As a result, 1.1 does not include any major features, such as being able to ignore a column, however it is still in the pipeline for a later release.

Regards

Ben
  • Thanks for the info....

I'm looking forward for the V1.2 :D
    Regards,

Thorsten
  • benhall wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you for your post. Our aim for the 1.1 release was to solve a few issues reported by users. We want to provide the best experience when using the application for either a new user downloading SDG for the first time, or for our existing users using the application on a day-to-day basis. As a result, 1.1 does not include any major features, such as being able to ignore a column, however it is still in the pipeline for a later release.

Regards

Ben

Indeed this mainly for date columns where history is being recorded. E. g. startDate and endDate. Although computed, they need to be persisted so have to done with triggers.
  • Do you have an expected timeframe/release for this feature?
  • Has this feature been added?

I have SQL Data Generator 1.2 and can't see how to exclude the population of some columns.