3.8 and VS2K8

Dave PendletonDave Pendleton Posts: 104 Bronze 3
edited April 30, 2008 1:44PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Where are the menus for SQLPrompt in VS2K8?

It appears to be working, but there are no menus (or toolbars) available.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hi Dave,

Ideally, you should be able to see the SQL Prompt menu in VS 2008 menubar without having to do anything different.

Can you check if the addin is checked in VS 2008 please? You can do this by going to Tools - Addin Manager - Check if SQL Prompt v3.8 is listed and is checked in 'Startup'
    I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Tanya
    P.S:When you say it appears to be working, do you actually see the SQL Prompt Candidate list with the suggestions in VS2008 wherein the SQL Prompt menu is not present in the editors toolbar or is it that the application works in general with the other editors, like Management Studio?
  • Here's the whole scenario.

I uninstalled SQLPrompt a few weeks back. Even though it was not installed anymore, I still saw the menu in SMSS and VS, so I used the "customize" option to remove the menus.

After the 3.8 release, I reinstalled.

When I started VS2K8, I would get prompted while in the editor, but there was no SQL Prompt menu.

After experimenting for a bit, I determined that by changing the CommandPreload setting in the VSUI.AddIn file to 1, the the menu would return.