Options

Yell - Thanks!!!!

fujimonfujimon Posts: 3
edited April 30, 2008 12:31PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Please give the developer who threw in the "Yell" prompt an incredibly large raise and promotion. I discovered it this morning and had the best laugh I have had in a long time :D . This type of thing is incredibly welcome in your product to help keep things fun. Keep up the good work!
Thanks in advance!
Doug Odegaard

Comments

• Options
    I'd put my money on Bart, but I could be wrong. I'm sure someone will confess in due course. I don't remember having noticed this feature on the SQL Prompt requirements document :)

David
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    Developers have to have fun sometime. I'm hoping it will stay in so I can use it on those horrible days :)
    Thanks in advance!
    Doug Odegaard
  • Options
    doug_sasdoug_sas Posts: 0 New member
    Can you add the YELL back please - its a good place to remind you where you got up to on Friday on the Monday morning.  Any of the legacy code snippets removed you could but them on the forum so people can re-add their favs back
  • Options
    doug_sasdoug_sas Posts: 0 New member
    Can you add the YELL back please - its a good place to remind you where you got up to on Friday on the Monday morning.  Any of the legacy code snippets removed you could but them on the forum so people can re-add their favs back
  • Options
    cjbowman69cjbowman69 Posts: 2 New member
    Hi guys,
    Good news, you can add it back in yourself!
    1. On the SQL Prompt menu, select Snippet Manager.
    2. Click New.
    3. In the Snippet box, type the text that will insert the snippet.
    4. Optionally, type a short description of your snippet in the Description box.
    5. The description helps you to identify a snippet if you are unsure of the snippet name. You can leave the Description box blank if required.
    6. Type or paste the SQL code in the Code box.
    (The Spaces dont look right at time of writing but should work in SSMS)

Snippet: yell
    Description: Vent your frustration
    /*

AAAA   AAAA   AAAA   AAAA  RRRR    GGGG  HH  HH  ######
    AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA RR  RR GG  GG HH  HH  ######
    AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA RR  RR GG     HH  HH   ####
    AAAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAA AAAAAA RRRRR  GG GGG HHHHHH    ##
    AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA RR  RR GG  GG HH  HH
    AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA AA  AA RR  RR  GGG G HH  HH    ##

*/