Exception from mscorwks.dll when profiling

Hi,

When profiling the start-up of our application it either hangs or I get an exception originating from mscorwks.dll. I also get two errors in the event log from the .NET 2.0 runtime:

.NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.1433 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (79FFEE24) (80131506)

Faulting application myexe.exe, version 6.0.0.13, stamp 480864c9, faulting module mscorwks.dll, version 2.0.50727.1433, stamp 471ef729, debug? 0, fault address 0x0008470c.

It doesn't occur running outside of the profiler.

I'm using ANTS Profiler v2.7.1.20, upgrading to v3.0 is not really an option at the moment.
Our application is .NET 2.0, I also have frameworks 3.0 and 3.5 installed, could this be an issue?
Are there any other options/workarounds?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• I've installed the trial version of v3.0 and I still get the same exception thrown.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

Sorry, but there is no one cause for a .NET Engine Execution failure. Since this happens at such a low level, I'd almost have to say it's security related. What kind of application is this (service, website, COM+?) and what is the security environment like?
  • It's just a windows forms application and I'm profiling the start-up. It connects to a server using remoting and by putting trace statements I narrowed the problem down to the following line:
    ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(mTcpClientChannel, false);

There's no security, it's all fully trusted and running locally.

Thanks.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    I've had a closer look into this and have determined that there were some changes done to ANTS Profiler in v3 strictly to support WPF and WCF. I think that the only answer may be to buy an upgrade. Sorry I don't have any other suggestions at this time.