Freebies for your comments on SQL Prompt v3.8 RC

tanyatanya Posts: 269
edited April 22, 2008 8:29AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hello,

We are getting ready to go live with SQL Prompt v3.8 final release and we want to ensure we have squashed any outstanding bugs that we missed in our test environment. So if you have any issues that you came across with SQL Prompt v3.8, please do let us know. If there are no issues and you are happy with the new SQL Prompt version we will be pleased to hear that as well. And guess what...we have some nice surprises for the top 5 feedback we get!

So why wait, be quick and grab your free goodies :)

Cheers,
Tanya

Comments

• "Don't miss me " :cry: , my intial reactions are in the main forum

But seriously , I will get back with more as I continue working with it, as I said above , I am well pleased with the improvements I have spotted so far .

Is there a "list" of enhancements , fixes etc that I have missed, I would hate to not see something

Cheers

Mike
  • I was working with the 3.8 beta in SSIS (and am quite happy with it overall), when, for no apparent reason, SQL Prompt lost track of one of the tables.

This is a table that I had been using in many queries that day, and so I know it was showing up correctly. Suddenly, with no apparent error, it simply was no longer showing up in the tables list. I refreshed the tables for that DB, but that made no difference. However, deleting (I deleted all cached data - should have tried deleting just that DB first, but my mistake there) and reloading returned the table to the selectable list.

Not sure what else I should (or can) report on this error. I hate this error report, as it is unsatisfactorily vague to me, but that's all I have that I can report.
  • bauerjubauerju Posts: 33 Bronze 3
    Hi
    When can Release 3.8 be bought?
  • I have had the same problem since 3.0... Ctrl-Shift-D will get the table/proc/view to reappear.

I can't reproduce with any consistancy, but it happens daily for me.

Sam

brendthess wrote:
    I was working with the 3.8 beta in SSIS (and am quite happy with it overall), when, for no apparent reason, SQL Prompt lost track of one of the tables.

This is a table that I had been using in many queries that day, and so I know it was showing up correctly. Suddenly, with no apparent error, it simply was no longer showing up in the tables list. I refreshed the tables for that DB, but that made no difference. However, deleting (I deleted all cached data - should have tried deleting just that DB first, but my mistake there) and reloading returned the table to the selectable list.

Not sure what else I should (or can) report on this error. I hate this error report, as it is unsatisfactorily vague to me, but that's all I have that I can report.
  • Hi,

I am sorry that you have had to face this trouble. The disappearing of candidates from the Candidate list is quite a challenging issue as we have not really identified any consistent method to reproduce this problem. We are investigating this issue and will have something worked out for our future releases. Meanwhile if you find any definitive ways to replicate this issue please do let us know.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Tanya
  • I was able to reproduce the problem and made a "quicktime" movie of it.

It happens when you do a CREATE PROCEDURE on a procedure that already exists.

Will send the movie to your support email address.

Sam

tanya wrote:
    Hi,

I am sorry that you have had to face this trouble. The disappearing of candidates from the Candidate list is quite a challenging issue as we have not really identified any consistent method to reproduce this problem. We are investigating this issue and will have something worked out for our future releases. Meanwhile if you find any definitive ways to replicate this issue please do let us know.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Tanya