Help - Quick Newbee Question

PeterBPeterB Posts: 3
edited April 16, 2008 10:11PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Do I need to have the password of the account under which the SQL agent is running to install SQL Backup server components? Currently that is a domain account I'm not allowed to have the password of. Is there a alternate way to install? I do have sysadmin rights.
THANKS

Comments

• peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    Copy the SQL Backup server components installer (SQBServerSetup.exe) to the server, log on as an administrator, and install it.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8
  • Thanks Peter
    However my domain account does not have Windows admin rights on this server, but is in the sysadmin role in SQL Server. Any hope?
  • peteypetey Posts: 2,358 New member
    There are a few security issues that might crop up, the 2 most common ones being does your domain account have rights to log on as a service on the server, and does it have rights to read the SQL Server registry keys?

If you do, I would suggest installing SQL Backup and address the other issues as they come up.

Note: If you can't log on as a service, you can still use LocalSystem to start the service, but you would not have access to network shares.
    Peter Yeoh
    SQL Backup Consultant Developer
    Associate, Yohz Software
    Beyond compression - SQL Backup goodies under the hood, updated for version 8