Exception when starting Sql Backup Client

kepr00kepr00 Posts: 43 Bronze 2
edited April 9, 2008 10:46AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I got a stack trace when I launched my Sql Backup Client this morning. I tried removing all my registered connections and readding them, but this did no help.

I did not see anything in the Forums that related to this.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNISecGenClientContext(SafeHandle pConnectionObject, Byte[] inBuff, UInt32 receivedLength, Byte[] OutBuff, UInt32& sendLength, Byte[] serverUserName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.SNISSPIData(Byte[] receivedBuff, UInt32 receivedLength, Byte[] sendBuff, UInt32& sendLength)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsLogin(SqlLogin rec)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Login(Int64 timerExpire, String newPassword)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at _23._1(String , Object )
at _16._1(Server , ConnectionInformation )
at RedGate.SQLBackup.Engine.Server.OpenConnection()
Steve T

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

We've had a look into this and it's not something we've seen before. Since the exception seems to be getting thrown from the SQL Native Client layer, I'd wager that there is an issue with MDAC on this system.

If the problem has to do with passing Windows credentials to SQL Server, you can try logging in as a different user or using SQL authentication to connect.

If it doesn't work under a different user account, then maybe MDAC should be reinstalled.

You may want to try reinstalling MDAC by downloading it from Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
    Note that on Windows Server 2003, there is a possibility that you will need to service pack the system again to update MDAC.
  • kepr00kepr00 Posts: 43 Bronze 2
    Thanks Brian

I think that this was actually due to the fact that our admin was making some network changes.

It was just concidence that I was able to delete my existing connections, close SBK, reopen SBK and readd my connections.

Thanks for the help
    Steve T