Version 4

MikeONeillMikeONeill Posts: 131
edited April 3, 2008 5:25AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I see from your roadmap that V4 is pending and that the LayoutSQL will be included from SQLRefactor

That sounds great to me as the feature in SQLRefactor that I use the most

The burning question ... will it work in VS 2005 , and VS 2008 ?

This half answers my question on the SQLRefactor forum

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• Hello Mike,

Prompt Pro v3.8 would have Layout functionality integrated within Prompt.
    And the good news is, Yes, layout would work in VS 2005, VS 2008 and all SQL Prompt supported editors. However SQL Server 2008 layout support is something that I cannot promise for v3.8

I hope that answers your question:)

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Hi Tanya

That sounds greate , I have just renewed my Refactor license so I will be up to speed until this happens

Is there a proposed date for 3.8 Pro ?

If there is to be a Beta please put me on the list , I have Beta'ed other versions in the past as you progressed towards V3 and I find it facinating to see the progression

I think the layout feature in Prompt will be an excellent idea

Cheers

Mike
  • Hi Mike,

SQL Prompt 3.8 should be released around early May. I am sorry as I can't really promise any dates as yet.
    I'll ensure that you are on the list of our beta users if we decide to do a beta for this version.

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
    Tanya
  • Are there any plans for integrating SQL Prompt with Sybase's Powerbuilder product? Specifically their SQL IDE?

Thanks.
    Dan
  • Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for your enquiry. I'm afraid the answer is that at present we have no plans to support the Powerbuilder development environment.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Tanya,
    Now that we are closer to May, can you give us a better time frame for v3.8?

Thanks for a great product.
    Bill
    Thanks
    Bill Soranno
    MCP, MCTS, MCITP DBA
    Database Administrator
    Winona State University
    Maxwell 143
    wsoranno@winona.edu

"Quality, like Success, is a Journey, not a Destination" - William Soranno '92
  • Hi,

SQL Prompt V3.8 RC will be out next week, hopefully April 1st [and I can assure you it's got nothing to do with any fool's day prank :)]
    We are just sorting out some of the licensing issues before rolling the build out.

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • My breath is baited !!

April 1 doesn't bother me too much as long as its after 12

It will be such a bonus to work in one IDE , I have been working over the weeekend swapping between VS2008 and SSMS , it works but >>>

Mike
  • Hello,

SQL Prompt v3.8 RC is now available for download :)
    http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=6760

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Hi Tanya

As ever our security buffs an FTP !!

Could you mail me the version as a Zip file with the p Missing ( SQLPrompt.zi_) and I'll restore it to its former glory.

That normally gets through our firewall

Bart managed this in the past

Cheers

Mike