Options

Cache Management

erkel333erkel333 Posts: 4
edited March 29, 2008 8:21AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I recently had SQL Prompt installed and am having problems with the caching. The help site stated that there should be an option from the SQL Prompt menu which allows access to the caching for refresh, purge, etc. I do not have this menu item and even when I close SQL Prompt and re-open it I am not getting a refresh.

How can I refresh and/or purge the cache if I cannot gain access to it?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

It is very strange that you don't see the refresh cache option in the Prompt menu. Can you try to do CTRL+SHIFT+D to check if the shortcut key for refresh cache works at all?
    And can I know the Prompt version that you are using? You can find this by clicking on the about dialog in the Prompt menu.
    Also, any information about the editor you are using, OS might help.

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Options
    No, CTRL+SHIFT+D didn't seem to work. I don't see the about dialog either, the only options I have are:
    What's this...,
    Options...,
    Start SQL Prompt when you start Query Analyzer,
    and Exit.

When I go in through Add/Remove programs, I'm seeing the version as 3.60.0109. As for the OS, I'm running Windows XP 2002, SP2. The editor I'm using is Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. The database is actually on a SQLServer2000 server. This is installed on a laptop, so I turn it off every night so I would think the cache would be flushed every night.

I haven't had any problems until today and I've been running this version of SQL Prompt for about 3 weeks. What is driving me crazy is that it seems to have older versions of tables that have been updated and sometimes it won't even suggest the older columns either. I thought I might try refreshing the cache to attempt to fix the problem.
  • Options
    I reckon you are looking at the Prompt menu in you system task tray.
    The tray app menu is just an extension for QA editor and that is probably the reason for this trouble.
    If you look into your SSMS editor, you should be able to see a SQL Prompt menu and that should list options for Cache Refresh, Cache Management, Options, etc, etc.
    If you access the Prompt menu item from within your Management Studio, that should fix your issue.

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Options
    Yes, actually, I was.

Sorry, I hadn't even noticed it up there.

Thanks so much for your help and sorry to waste your time.

Erin Davis.
  • Options
    No worries Erin.
    Contact us if you do have any queries in the future.

Thanks,
    Tanya