Synchronizing a script folder

jeffreydpjeffreydp Posts: 8
edited March 25, 2008 5:31AM in SQL Toolkit Previous Versions
Hi,

I've run into the following issue.

i have a live database source and a script folder target.
both Registered with the relevant Register overload.
I didn't specify the dbInfo parameter as the script folder contained the relevant xml file.

Comparison of both works perfectly.

However, when I try to synchronize with the script folder as the target, I keep getting authorization errors, I've tried with integrated security and with a specific username/password combination but to no avail.

I've checked around in the script folder but I haven't found a clue as to which username/password combination to use.

The same works in the SqlCompare tool, so there must be a way to do it, unfortunately I don't quite see how.

Is this possible with just the toolkit or is this also a tool only option?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jeffrey,

As far as I know, synchronizing to files comes down to basic file permissions on the filesystem, so if your user already has read/write access, it could be that some files have the read-only attribute set. This can happen if you copy files from CD or perhaps if you have files checked into or out of source control. You could open a command prompt, change directory to the scripts folder, and do attrib -R /S to clear the read-only attribute.
  • Hi Brian,

My mistake, while I was using the correct Register (...) overload I was using the wrong BuildDifferences (...) overload.

Thanks.
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for getting back to us as to the cause of the problem.