Options

Prompt fails to start on single machine

Leather99Leather99 Posts: 2
edited March 18, 2008 7:06AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
Hi There,

We have recently purchased your SQL prompt tool and installed it on 3 machines. All of the machines are running Vista.

The install on two of the machines works fine but we are experiencing problems on the third. The utility installs fine and the system tray icon displays and works as expected (the menu allows you to edit preferences etc). However when SQL Management Studio is opened on the machine an exception is thrown stating the following:

The Add-in 'SQL Prompt 3.5' failed to load or caused an exception.
Would you like to remove this Add-in?
If you choose yes, you will need to reinstall the Add-in to use it again.

Error Message: Class not registered

Error number: 80041154

We have tried re-installing the app. All the machines have UAC disabled.

Any ideas as to what I can do to get the add in operational on this machine?

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

I am sorry you are facing these issues on installation.
    Have you disabled UAC only for installing the product? If so, this can cause problems with registry settings.
    I would suggest you to uninstall Prompt from your Add/Remove programs, then start Management Studio - Tools - Customize - Click on Reset and say Yes to the confirmation dialog. This will remove the SQL Prompt menu from the toolbar. Exit from Management Studio.
    Do a fresh installation of SQL Prompt. Bring up your command line interface and use the following regasm command to register Prompt for Management Studio.
    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe /codebase RedGate.SQLPrompt.SSMSUI.dll

Now try to start your Management Studio and that should hopefully resolve the issue. Revert back to me if you have any issues and do let us know if it resolved your problem.

Thanks,
    Tanya