Options

SQL Prompt error

RossHamiltonRossHamilton Posts: 2
edited March 9, 2008 8:40PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
I purchased and installed SQL Prompt today, but when I load Management Studio I get the error SQL Prompt 3.5 failed to load or caused an exception. After some investigation it appears that this is caused my the fact that I use Run As to launch Management Studio using my admin credentials rather than my login credentials. Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
Ross Hamilton
DBA

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately SQL Prompt 3.6 does not support using 'run as' to open SSMS with a different account. This is a known issue and is currently scheduled to be fixed in version 3.8. For your reference the bug tracking number for this case is SP-799.

However, there is a workaround that you may wish to try.

First log into Windows with the account you were previously using with 'Run as' and open SSMS, the SQL Prompt add-in should load correctly. If you then log out and log back in with your usual account, when you open SSMS with 'Run as' the add-in should load this time.

I hope this helps.

p.s. SQL Prompt 3.6 is the current realese, you can upgrade to this using the 'check for updates' function from the SQL Prompt menu in SSMS.
    Chris