Options

SQL Backup 5 GUI problem

angelgarangelgar Posts: 11
I am have a problem on some of my servers. The gui will not come up. It flashes for about 10 seconds and then disappears. No events in the logs no indication of any problem. the only this the broken guis have in common is that they are itanium procs. all other 32 bit and AMD opteron procs seem ok. Any clues? I just upgraded to lastest build 5.3.0.178.

Comments

• Options
    Hi angelgar,

Sorry to hear about your problems, we haven't been able to reproduce this in house yet.

By any chance was there a stack trace?

Also can you let me know what is on screen at the point of the shutdown? Has the splash screen been taken down yet? Has the server list been displayed?

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Options
    No stack trace.

the splash screen appears as normal, then sits for about 10 seconds or then disappears. never gets to the actual interface. i watch the gui process in task mgr and it just disappears. we have turned off all firewall type apps or anything that may block and executable. we tried removing our AV app and nothing has helped. this problem initially started on just 2 of our servers, it has now spread to all of our itanium servers. it does not happen on any of the x86 servers.
  • Options
    Angelgar,

Sorry about the delay in replying, I have been out of the office for a few days. One of the SQL Backup developers suggested that you run a File Mon trace (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96642.aspx) and let us know which files are being accessed. This may assist us with debugging the issue.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd