sp_helptext popup contents does not contain SPs or views.

stevegsteveg Posts: 9
edited April 1, 2008 2:14PM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
After typing sp_helptext the popup does not contain stored procs or views, only functions are listed.

Version 3.6.0.109.

(BTW cross-database popups, thank you!)

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Thank you for your post. I have logged this down as a bug in SQL Prompt, to be fixed in a future release. Even in AdventureWorks or northwind, regardless of whether SQL Prompt is used in Query Analyzer or Management Studio, stored procedures and views never show up in the candidate list. Functions and types seem to be available, so it's confusing as to whether this is meant to work, or it works partially 'by accident'. Either way, this support should get fixed or taken out.
  • Thank you for your post. I have logged this down as a bug in SQL Prompt, to be fixed in a future release. Even in AdventureWorks or northwind, regardless of whether SQL Prompt is used in Query Analyzer or Management Studio, stored procedures and views never show up in the candidate list. Functions and types seem to be available, so it's confusing as to whether this is meant to work, or it works partially 'by accident'. Either way, this support should get fixed or taken out.

Has this been fixed yet?

I'm using version 3.7.0.32 and I still get nothing when using sp_helptext.
  • Whats even more annoying is, if I hit CTRL+SPACEBAR after typing sp_helptext I STILL can't select Views of Stored Procedures because they are grayed out from the selection box:

sqlprompt.jpg
  • 11 days and still no response?
  • Hi,

My sincere apologies for the delayed response.
    We have been looking into this issue and I will update you with the status of this issue shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Tanya
  • Hello,

This issue is now fixed in our v3.8 that is scheduled for release sometime between mid of April to early May. An early release candidate will be available in the first week of April if you would like to try it :)

Thanks,
    Tanya
  • Hello,

v3.8 RC is now available for download.
    http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... php?t=6760

Thanks,
    Tanya