Synchronise SQL Agent jobs from one server to another ...

HarishHarish Posts: 2
edited February 26, 2008 2:36PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

Apologies if it is a daft query. I tried to search in this forum for my issue and I did not see any post. Hence this query -

In my company we use SQL Server Agent jobs a lot. Is there any way we can use SQL Compare to synchronise jobs across databases?

Thanks,

Harish Mohanbabu

Comments

• SQL Compare currently doesn't look at any server-level objects, which includes SQL Server Agent jobs. We're unlikely to implement server-level object comparison and synchronization as part of SQL Compare, but I've noted your request - one of the areas we might look into in the future is a tool to compare and synchronize server-level objects / settings such as SQL Server Agent jobs.

If you need to synchronize SQL Server Agent jobs across multiple servers in the meantime, you might want to check out SQL Multi Script, our new tool for simultaneous execution of a single script across multiple servers. It won't do the whole job for you, but it should help if you've got more than a couple of servers you want to synchronize across.

You might also want to have a look at our tool for monitoring SQL Servers (including SQL Agent jobs), SQL Response, which is currently in Beta. Just head down to the beta test forum on the main forums page to get a copy and try it out.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi Harish,

I would use SMO (SQL Management Objects, replacement for DMO in SQL 2005) to do this.

Take a look at the Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo namespace.

-Aidan