Options

Unicode scripts?

thargolthargol Posts: 3 Bronze 2
edited February 16, 2005 4:53AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I'am not allowed by the system administrator to synchronize from redgate directory to the live server. I have to save the script and he will run it for me after backupping the database etc.

Some script containg characters like ê or è fail. My collegau examined the problem and the problem has to due with MS Sql Query Tool with does not support UTF-8 tekst files. However it does support unicode tekst files (UTF-16?). We can convert the utf-8 script to unicode with ultra-edit as a workaround.

So is there a way to save unicode-scripts from redgate? And if not, could you please add it?

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hello,

It may help to upgrade your SQL Bundle to version 3.38. We had just fixed a bug in SQL Compare 3.17 and lower that caused the UTF header to not be correctly written to scripts saved by SQL Compare. This means that the Unicode data was preserved, but programs such as Query Analyzer that read the file don't know to interpret the Unicode characters because of the missing UTF-8 preamble.

In the new version you can choose the script output format to be Unicode, UTF-8, or ASCII. This is a free upgrade, and you can get it by running the 'check for updates' function from the help menu of SQL Compare.
  • Options
    thargolthargol Posts: 3 Bronze 2
    This is a free upgrade, and you can get it by running the 'check for updates' function from the help menu of SQL Compare.

Could you please mail me the direct url for the download. The installshield update function returns an error (as reported in other forum topics).
This discussion has been closed.