Threaded Backups and SQLBACKUPC

aarons44aarons44 Posts: 32
edited January 24, 2008 4:28PM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
I recently changed my backups to use multiple threads. The backup files are copied to another location where they are restored automatically by a script that calls SQLBACKUPC. The restore process has begun failing with an error message about the media - I'll have the exact error message in a couple of hours when the restore fails again today. Is there anything different I have to do to restore threaded backups? Or was it just a coincidence that they are failing? When I try to restore through the GUI, they work fine.

Comments

• Eddie DEddie D Posts: 1,780 Rose Gold 5
    Hi,

sorry that you are getting this problem.

A support call has been created for this call. Call Reference F0009695.

Can you please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com and attach a copy of the SQL Backup Log file for this failing job. SQL Backup creates a log file for each backup/restore job ran. By default the SQL Backup Log File is located in the following directory:

C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(local) or SQL Instance Name.

Also can you please include the call reference in the subject of the e-mail.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    E-Mail: support@red-gate.com
    Eddie Davis
    Senior Product Support Engineer
    Redgate Software Ltd
    Email: support@red-gate.com
  • Thank you, I will do that.
    Hi,

sorry that you are getting this problem.

A support call has been created for this call. Call Reference F0009695.

Can you please send an e-mail to support@red-gate.com and attach a copy of the SQL Backup Log file for this failing job. SQL Backup creates a log file for each backup/restore job ran. By default the SQL Backup Log File is located in the following directory:

C:\Documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Backup\Log\(local) or SQL Instance Name.

Also can you please include the call reference in the subject of the e-mail.

Many Thanks
    Eddie

Eddie Davis
    Technical Support Engineer
    Red Gate Software Ltd
    E-Mail: support@red-gate.com