Options

SQL ChangeSet and VSS 6.0d

SurinderSurinder Posts: 44 Bronze 2
edited January 24, 2008 6:25AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
Hi,

I have Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0d installed, but when i try to register a working folder the application shows an "Microsoft Visual SourceSafe is unsupported" message in the dialogue box.
Shin..

Comments

• Options
    Hi,

SQL Changeset does support Visual SourceSafe 2005 and Visual SourceSafe 6.0d. So I am wondering that it may be a problem with some particular build of 6.0d. We have tested with Version 6.0d (Build 9848). It will be really helpful for us if you can let us know which build of the SourceSafe Version 6.0d you are using?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi,

It's build 31222
    Shin..
  • Options
    priyasinhapriyasinha Posts: 548 Silver 1
    edited January 24, 2008 6:26AM
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for quick reply. We have tested with the build no. 9848 of the Visual SourceSafe 6.0d so I don't think there should be any problem while working with this particular build of Visual SourceSafe 6.0d except for the fact that the SQL Changeset UI is displaying a wrong warning message. Kindly, go ahead and use SQL Changeset and let us know if you face any problem. This wrong warning message will be fixed in the next release. Thanks a lot for reporting it.

Regards,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Hi,

After playing around with it yesterday afternoon, I can confirm that it does work as expected. So it does seem to a false warning.
    Shin..
  • Options
    Hi,

That's really nice to hear! We will fix the wrong warning message in the next release.

Thanks,
    Priya
    Priya Sinha
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software