asp.net projects

mulmadmulmad Posts: 94
how does exception hunter fit into an asp.net project (vs2005 project with no single assembly)?

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

That's a good question. You can pre-compile the assembly using the aspnet_compiler that comes with the .NET Framework. There is more information about this in the Knowledge Base.
  • I'm having trouble accessing the methods of my asp.net 2 project assembly via exception hunter:

To get the single assemply I do the following:

1)
    "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe" -f -fixednames -u -d -p "C:\VS2005\Projects\WebSite" -v / "C:\complied"

2)
    C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\WebDeployment\v8.0\aspnet_merge.exe "C:\complied" -o WebSite.dll-debug

I can browse WebSite.dll-debug in exception hunter but I'm not getting anything at the "methods level"?

Do I need to compile/merge the project differently? Or something else?

NB for the merging the followling is needed:
    Visual Studio 2005 Web Deployment Projects
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336619.aspx
  • Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi,

That looks like a show-stopper for you, so I've logged a bug with reference number CE-191. I don't know why this happens with aspnet_merge'd assemblies, as ILMerge seems to work.

In the meantime, I'd have to say that you can only work around this by examining the assemblies before you merge them together.