Options

Unable to refresh or cache database - collation issues?

rajkorajko Posts: 8
edited January 17, 2008 4:30AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
My database is case sensitive and is still on compatibility level 7 (upgrade from 7 to 2005). SQL Prompt seems incapable of handling this case. Why is that?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Bart ReadBart Read Posts: 997 Silver 1
    Hi there,

I'm not sure what's going on here. I've asked one of my colleagues to confirm whether or not the version of the SQL Compare back end that we use in SQL Prompt 3.6 supports compatibility mode 7 on SQL Server 2005 or not. As soon as I have an answer I'll get back to you.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    Hi there,

Could you post up the exact error message please? We don't officially support compatibility level 7, although it "should" work (SQL Server 7 does), however there may be some other problem occurring that is only tangentially related to the compatibility level. It would be helpful if you could post up the full error message along with any other info available in the error dialog.

Thanks,
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd
  • Options
    Bart Read wrote:
    Could you post up the exact error message please? We don't officially support compatibility level 7, although it "should" work (SQL Server 7 does), however there may be some other problem occurring that is only tangentially related to the compatibility level. It would be helpful if you could post up the full error message along with any other info available in the error dialog.

I know this may sound funny but few reboots later everything worka like a swiss cuckoo clock. If I run into this problem again I'll post the exact error.

Thanks anyway.
  • Options
    Yeah, that is a bit strange. Glad it's working at any rate! Thanks for letting us know.
    Bart
    Bart Read
    Principal Consultant
    bartread.com Ltd