Options

Suggestion: Line item checkbox

bkfichterbkfichter Posts: 2
edited January 9, 2008 11:17AM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
It would be nice to be able to select which items from the SQL Differences to include in change scripts. We have a standard database with our product. Often I have slightly customized client databases that need to be upgraded. If I just run the script generated, it will delete client customizations. I would like to be able to include updates, but choose what not to modify or delete from the client database.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Would any of the following ideas meet your requirements?

1) The ability to seperately choose individual table or view triggers for synchronization

2) The ability to seperately choose individual columns for synchronization

3) The ability to seperately choose individual constraints for synchronization

4) The ability to seperately choose individual indexes for synchronization

We're considering all of these for SQL Compare 7, and it would be good to know which ones you require specifically, or if you have some other requirement not covered here.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    How about the ability to separately choose schemas for synchronization? That implies that all objects which belong to the chosen schema(s) are synched.
  • Options
    There's already a request in the requests list for the ability to only *compare* objects in a certain schema (which would therefore lead to only those objects being synchronized) - does that cover your requirements, jalbert?
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Options
    There's already a request in the requests list for the ability to only *compare* objects in a certain schema (which would therefore lead to only those objects being synchronized) - does that cover your requirements, jalbert?

Yes, as long as multiple schemas can be chosen at the same time. Thanks.

James