Cannot activate SQL Packager

aroperaroper Posts: 3
edited December 17, 2007 8:35AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
Hi,

My company purchased the SQL Bundle 5 way back when (2006). We regularly use both the SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare tools. Only recently have we started to look at SQL Packager for setup of our databases. I brought up the application and went to activate it over the Internet using the same serial number as we have for the other tools and received this response:

"There was a problem activating the software:

The serial number is not registered for this product"

Yet this is the serial number for the SQL Bundle that we have used for the other tools, and there has never been a problem. Any assistance you could provide would be most appreciated.

Tony

Comments

• Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Tony,

I think this is simply a licensing/sales issue caused by product bundling. There were two editions of SQL Bundle, standard and pro. And before that it was called 'developer edition'. At any rate, the Packager was only included with the high-end bundle. If you have a separate serial number for SQL Compare and Data Compare, then you should have one for Packager, beginning with '009'.

Hopefully this clears things up. If you have any questions about your invoice or purchase history, please ask sales -at- red-gate.com.
  • Brian,

I've been in touch with Sales since my posting, and you are correct in that this is a licensing issue. Thanks for your reply.

Tony