SQL Refactor menu has only "Smart rename"

david.martindavid.martin Posts: 5
Hi,
I have SSMS SP2 (9.00.3042.00) and SQL Refactor 1.1 (1.10.2.0), but in SSMS, in the "SQL refactor" menu, I see only "Smart rename".

Can you help me?

Comments

• Hi there,

Sorry about your problem. If you close SSMS then running the following command from a command prompt it should recover your menus:

sqlwb /setup

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi,
    I execute the command after closing SSMS, but this does not resolv the problem.
  • David,

Are you running as the same user who installed SQL Refactor?
    Do you use Prompt? If so is that showing a similar problem?

Have you tried an uninstall / reinstall? I would suggest using the Tools > Customize feature to delete the SQL Refactor menu before you reinstall too.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi Jonathan,
    I install SQL Refactor with the same user I install SSMS, and the user is part od Administrators group of my pc (this pc is a vm).

I tried:
    - uninstall/reinstall of SQL Refactor, with no results

- after, uninstall/reinstall of SSMS, and I removed SQL Refactor menu
    - reinstall of SQL Refactor, with no results

I don't have SQL prompt, but I tried it months ago, and it works.
    In the past, I tried also SQL Refactor, but I had always the same problem.
    Note that after installing SQL Refactor from SQLToolbelt, when I click on "smart rename" (which is the only function I see), it says me that the trial period has expired... perhaps this is a "dirty" installation, caused by the trial installations in the past?!

Thanks for support...
  • Hi David,

Can I ask which language version of SSMS that you are using, we have had experienced a number of issues in this area before with non English versions of management studio.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi Jonathan,
    SSMS it's in Italian language.
  • Hi David,

We are working on a fix for non English versions of SSMS at the moment which should be included in a patch release that will be ready for early in the New Year.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi David,

We are working on a fix for non English versions of SSMS at the moment which should be included in a patch release that will be ready for early in the New Year.

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi.

I downloaded and installed SQL Refactor version 1.10.0002 from currently avaliable Toolbelt.

Before that, I downloaded and installed SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition trial, in order to get SQL Server Management Studio version 9.00.1399.00

I have same problem mentioned here: SQL Refactor menu has only "Smart rename". I've installed and uninstalled both SQL Prompt and SQL Refactor different times in different orders, also running "sqlwb /setup" and removing menu item from SSMS.

The SSMS language is italian.

Is there any way to avoid this problem? Basically I cannot evaluate SQL Refactor capabilities, firstly the formatting ones.

Thanks
    Giuseppe
  • Hi Giuseppe,

This is a known issue with SQL Refactor, the menus will not work correctly on non English versions of SQL Server Management Studio. Unfortunately there isn't a work around at the moment. We are looking to get a patch release out early in the New Year. Sorry about any disruption that this has caused you.

Regards,

Jonathan
    Jonathan Watts

-Project Manager
    -Red Gate Software Ltd
  • Hi

just for sake of completeness:
    I installed the english version of SQL Server 2005 Developer trial, installed SQL Refactor, ran "sqlwb /setup" and now SQL refactor menu looks ok.

regards
    Giuseppe
  • i have the same question
    when i run "sqlwb /setup",English is ok,
    but Chinese SQL 2005 is not good
  • We are aware that certain users with non-English versions of SQL Server Management Studio have experienced some issues installing SQL Refactor. We are currently working on a fix for this however I don't have any set time frame for when this will become available. I will post to this forum when a patch is developed. You can put a watch on this forum post so that you'll be notified as soon as I submit the post.