Feature requests

Thomas_BouvetThomas_Bouvet Posts: 5
edited December 12, 2007 8:32AM in SQL Doc Previous Versions
Here's a quick feature request list:

The ability to document DTS, SSIS and Agent is very wanted in the organisation where I'm working.

The ability to document stored procedure parameters also for SQL Server 2000 databases.

The ability to save as PDF-document.

Some other small feature requests:
* The option to choose which font to use for descriptions for database, tables, fields, etc..
* The option of hiding the script for MS_Description extended property. Not allways necessary to show the scripting for this. The interesting information is the description itself and that is displayed attached to the object anyhow..
* The option to dynamicly change the order of sections, for instance we would want the Uses and Used by section before the script.
* The option of displaying the Uses and Used by section in columns instead of one long list. And maybe the option to group by database and schema.

Do you have a roadmap for SQL Doc?

Comments

• Thanks for your suggestions. The PDF output has been a popular request so we are hoping to do something about this for the next release. We will consider your other requests. The likelihood of implementing any new feature is dependent on how many requests we get from our eixsting and prospective customers.

We don't have a definitive roadmap yet, but I would expect a new release to be available by approximately this time next year.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • And another thing: It would be nice if it was possible to translate objectdescriptions like table, tables, view, views etc. into ones native language.
  • Hi Thomas,
    I'm not sure I fully understand your request. Would you like different comments for each different language? Can you give me a little more insight into how you think this should work?

Thanks,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software
  • No, not different comments for different languages but translation of objectdescriptions. Like for instance table is tabell in norwegian. Other examples (english = norwegian):
    Tables = Tabeller
    Procedure = Prosedyre
    Function = Funksjoner
    Uses = Bruker
    Used by = Brukes av

This way one can get a documentation completly in ones native language.