"Index was outside the bounds of the array"

jspibeyjspibey Posts: 20
edited November 21, 2007 12:57PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I've just started getting this error when comparing two databases. This happens at the 'Comparing' status of the comparison. Have upgraded from 6.01 to 6.02 and still occurs

Any ideas what this might be?

Comments

• Do you have any CLR Assemblies in your database? There's a known issue with large CLR assemblies - we can provide you with a patch if you're suffering from this issue. (We're not widely releasing the patched release yet because it hasn't completed the whole testing process, so it might be buggy in other areas that we haven't fully tested yet, and hence is only worth using if you have the problem it's meant to fix.)
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes we are using CLR assemblies so I'm pretty sure it must be the same issue. My immediate need for a fix has gone now because I used a co-workers system to get around this so I could wait for the final release if it's going to be soon?
  • We aren't currently sure when we'll be releasing this version publicly - we might be waiting until the next set of fixes are in, and then releasing them together, so it might be a while.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software
  • OK, can I the hotfix then please because I probably can't wait that long

Thanks
  • Hi there,

just email support@redgate.com and they will send you details on how to download and install a version of SQL Compare that contains fixes for this problem.

Thanks, Tom

Red Gate Software