Options

SQL 2005 DB restore with Full Text folders

kedwardskedwards Posts: 10
edited November 19, 2007 10:00AM in SQL Backup Previous Versions
Hello,
I have been restoring some databases that have full text search files with them. I can change the path for the data and log files, but I am having trouble with the full text files. I am using the SQLBackup ver 5.2 GUI and want the files to be created in the following directory G:\Mssql\System\MSSQL.3\MSSQL\FTData. I try to change the path for the full text folder and the okay button stays grayed out when I select this path. Instead it keeps creating the folders in the data directory like the following G:\Mssql\Data1\ix_SSIQ_IDEM_Content. How can I get the full text folders to create in the proper FTData folder during the restore?

Thanks,
Keith

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Keith,

I don't know why the OKAY button is grayed out, but I'm assuming it has something to do with directory rights to the FTData directory.

I've just now written up the instructions for moving FT data manuallybecause this has come up two or three times, maybe you can give these a try?
  • Options
    Here is a command that you can run in a SQL query window to find out what permissions SQL Backup has for a folder:
    execute master..sqbutility 999, 'RWE', '\\testsrv\backup'

See this postfor more details.
  • Options
    Hello Brian,
    Unfortunately it isn't a rights issue. To confirm I ran the script you posted and it returned <SQBUTILITYRESULT>:1: for the FTDATA directory. Any other ideas of how I can get the GUI to work?

Thanks,
    Keith
  • Options
    Hi Keith,

I just tried it myself in the UI. Using the files and filegroups dialog, I was able to select the FTData folder as the restore location for my FTX catalog file, then type in a new name for the file, click OK, and submit the job successfully. It would be interesting to know the difference between your system and mine.
  • Options
    I will probably be doing some more restores this week or next. I will confirm that I am typing in a name and will let you know if I have any more problems.

Thanks,
    Keith